A quick recap of the events of the last week or so....
1) My mother's dog bit me. He has never bitten anyone. I am taking it to be a sign that somewhere deep inside I must be a bad bad bad person.
2) VA Tech. Where my sister goes to school. Scary scary scary sad stuff. How do people get that upset? 'nuff said.
3) Everyone I know is having babies. We welcomed Camryn Leigha, Stacie's beautiful little girl this week. I want one. I do. I know I'm crazy.
4)Jen's husband Jeff lost his job......I should be sympathetic about it. But I'm not. Because that means they are moving closer to me. Soon. Which means lots of Luke time and there's nothing I love more than smothering that little man with hugs and kisses. (note: Jeff has already gotten a new job so its ok for me to be excited that he got fired ok?)
5) Number of pages I have completed on my thesis: 18
Number I need by next Wednesday: 50
Likelihood that will happen: 0%
Number of observation hours completed this semester: 18
Number necessary by next Friday: 50
How stressed I am about that: 100%
Number of times I have wanted to quit my job this week: 3
Number of applications I have filled out for new jobs: 3
Likelyhood I will chicken out and keep crap job: pretty good
6) I really miss Zack and home. I have been stuck here working to pay my bills and get my homework done and paint my office and a million other things.... I don't even know when the next time I might be able to go home is. :-(
7) I bought my very first piece of real furniture this week. I believe this makes me an adult. Everything I owned until this point was a hand-me-down of some family member or a garage sale purchase. I now own a beautiful cherry computer desk with a hutch that I love love love. From a furniture store, delivered in a furniture store truck by a furniture store guy. Life is good.
8) I watch Lost. I am a nerd. Yesterday I was so convinced that it was Wednesday and was excited all day to watch Lost. It wasn't until 7pm that a classmate kindly reminded me it was Tuesday.
9) Ok one last thing. I love 80 degree weather in April. I'm a big big fan. I have a sun burn from being outside ALL WEEKEND LONG (read: not working on my thesis). I love summer clothes, flip flops, sundresses and all things bright and colorful. I love my new bright orange tube top thingy with long flowy waist and pretty embroidered flowers. I do not however love strapless bras. Who the hell came up with those things anyway? If you aren't tugging it back into place all day you are walking around looking like your boobies are four inches lower than they should be, and they mysteriously look like one oblong monoboob.