Monday, April 02, 2007

oh. dear.

"And remember my sentimental friend, hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable..."-The Wizard of Oz

Sometimes this battle wages inside of me. Like those cartoons with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. Mine goes like this:

Heart: "Oh he loves me again. He loves me. He can't wait for me to be with him forever and ever and ever and ever.... Love love lovey love...."
Head: "AGAIN? Again? He loves you again. So there is an off switch and an on switch. Ok Missy just when do you think he might turn it off again?"

Heart: "Lonely. I am soooo lonely. Why wont anyone cuddle me? So lonely."
Head: "Dummy. You have lots of friends. Go bowling. Go out to dinner. Call somone to come over. You are being like this because you choose to be."

Heart: "I miss him. I want to call him. I want to make everything just sugar sweeet and wonderful again."
Head: "Just shut up already. He's bad for you. You're happy with out him"
Heart: "Am not"
Head: "Are too"
Heart: "Am not"
Head: .:sigh:.

Heart: "No one will ever know me like he does. No one can figure me out like that. No one can know just how to fix all of my problems and make me feel better. No one else could ever do those things. Remember that time...."
Head: "I know I told you to shut up. Do you think he was born knowing that stuff or did he learn it? Someone else can learn it too. I promise."

Heart: "But.....we love him."
Head: ".......I know we do...."

No comments: