Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Snow Day.



No, School was not canceled today...it should have been. Its cold and blowy and icy out there. I am however staying home. Why you ask? Because I am an idiot.


I got up early, showered, had breakfast, dressed in a cute new sweater, and then went out to start my car so that it could defrost. I came in, had a cup of coffee and watched the news. When it was time to go (I was even leaving early to account for bad weather), I went out and proceeded to back up ever so carefully.....right into one of the railroad ties that line my driveway.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE DONE THIS!


I should have known better, I should have wiped the snow off the back windows better and I should have pulled forward first to straighten myself out....but I didn't.




It doesn't look like that big of a deal, however, that spot is just enough lower than my driveway that all my tires do now is spin and spin on the ice, and I cannot drive back up onto the driveway. I rocked the car. I straightened the tires. I pushed and shoved. I shoveled. I put cardboard in front of my tires. I put cardboard behind my tires. I looked for some sand. I tried and tried....I spilled my coffee all the way down the front of my cute sweater. And now, I am an hour late for work. AAA said they have people who "really" need a tow truck to take care of first, my feet are wet and cold....and the woman that I am student teaching with must certainly think I am just to lazy to go into work today.



...So I put my PJs back on. Screw AAA.





















No comments: