Thursday, February 28, 2008

the Fluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I have the flu, and I hate the flu. I hate the stuffiness, and the aches and how i can't turn my head without becoming suddenly top heavy and falling over. I hate the taste of cough medicine and how I have to hold a pillow over my stomach when I cough for fear my insides will explode across the room. I hate being constantly cold because of a fever that keeps going up and not down, and I hate not being able to talk on the phone because no one can hear me....but I like chicken soup, and frozen fruit bars, I love hot tea and Pj's and I adore having a perfectly good excuse to sit on my couch and do absolutely nothing but snuggle Penny and watch daytime TV.

So I'm ok really....my big dilemma this week is that I have been offered a long term subbing job at the school I did my student teaching at. The 7th grade English teacher has left, and they would like me to replace her. Its a tiny catholic middle school, I loved the kids there, and the teachers are wonderful. However, there is no hope for a job there next year as the school has been chosen by the Bishop to close forever to save money...so should I take it to have experience to put on my resume? Or should I sub at schools that might someday be able to offer me a permanent job? And do I really want to be stuck in Rochester until June? I have no idea what I should do, and I can't call the school to speak to the principal because I have no voice. She wanted me to "interview" aka, sign a background check, today and start on MONDAY!!!!!! but, since I can't speak I don't think I can do that anyway...... so.....advice?

No comments: