Friday, February 15, 2008

I want a puppy...

So I don't think its so awful an ultimatum. It was really simple actually. As we are painting like crazy people...(the bedroom is now a beautiful cocoa brown, topped with a golden buttery yellow, with a future chair rail around the middle, and its cozy and beautiful and wonderful and not navy blue.)...and we are cleaning and mopping, and moving, and storing and packing, and just being domestic...I thought: "Wow. We have been moving towards these moments for SEVEN years." And it just slipped out of my mouth like nothing. Me: "Honey, lets make a deal." Him: "Uh-oh, what kind of deal? Because I am not painting the rest of this by myself..." Me: "No, no, I'll help you. But....this year I want either a ring, a puppy or a baby." (oh god, did I just say that out loud?) Him: " .................................." Me: ".............." Him: "We'll see."

Thats it. I really thought it was a sure fire way to get a puppy. But "We'll see" ? What the *&^% does that mean?


...maybe I should just get myself a fish.

1 comment:

Scott said...

So what color is the chair rail going to be?