Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Babes for Boobies

In the United States alone a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer EVERY THREE MINUTES.

THREE MINUTES?!?! So if you think about it: while you were busy watching Jersey Shore reruns, or eating dinner, or flipping through facebook.... in those 30 minutes, theoretically, TEN women heard those terrifying words, "I'm sorry… you have breast cancer.”

Worse: if you think about the women closest to you in your life...One in EIGHT will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lives.


So, that is why October 14-16, 2011 I will be walking SIXTY miles for the cure. Its part of the
Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure event. I'm walking because I have known too many women whose lives have been forever impacted by breast cancer. I'm walking because I don't want to know that many more. I'm taking action and finding purpose. All that I ask is that you take action with me....

  • Make a donation to my team. Please sponsor us as we embark on this crazy, difficult, journey. I'm hoping that my close friends and family can find $30.oo to donate to my cause, I know that times are tough.
    Go to my website to see our progress and make a donation. http://www.the3day.org/goto/mollymaureen

  • Better yet, join my team and walk with me. I promise that it will be life altering. For you. For the world.
  • At the very least, I need your thoughts and prayers. Toward our training and fund raising endeavors.

Thanks so much, and many blessings.

No comments: