Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Hi! We have come to reposess your life....

It is now August 4th and about time I face the music of "Holy-shit-this-is-real" and "I don't have a job but have a truck load of bills to pay".....I am trying really, really hard not to panic, and we haven't resorted to rolling the coins in our vacation piggy bank yet, but that's not far out I'm afraid.

I applied for 4 bar tending jobs today, and sucked it up enough to put my application in to sub at various local schools.

I have officially applied to 9 districts in the Rochester area, 18 closer to home, two in the god-forsaken north country, two in the capital district, two in Pennsylvania and one in Hawaii. I've gotten rejection letters or emails from 3/4 of them...

I'm tired of being a pessimistic, depressed, little bitch. So, I'm going to get my ass out there and find something that will bring in some money. Even if it means that I have to come to terms with the idea that I will not be heading into a high school come september.

5 comments:

Under the Radar said...

I love you Miss Molly! You are one of the most fabulous people I know and I know regardless of what September brings things will work out. I am demanding you presence at my apt Aug 12 for drinks and good food!
Kim

Godzilla Power said...

Miss Molly: I know what you are going through and it is scary. I've received the rejection letters, went to interviews that came to nothing, and wondered if I could actually even call myself a teacher, since I wasn't in a classroom teaching. We struggled with stretching $20 to last for 2 weeks and had to get jobs that were boring and paid badly. We had a baby girl to raise and it got real old watching every single penny. I don't know why this shit happened to us, but I know now, and this may be cold comfort, that I'm glad that it did happen. It sounds terribly cliché, but it was a sort of rite of passage and a challenge to become self-sufficient and strong. Be assured that you will have your 'day' and get what you want...it is just a matter of time. Be assured that this is only one test...and in the final analysis it may be one of your easier ones... because we don't know what the future has in store for any of us. But, this test will make you stronger for whatever life may decide to dish out to you and yours. This period of self-doubt and disappointment does have a solution and does have an end...there may be other things out there in the future much harder to conquer...but because of what's happening now in your life...you will be more able to face them. I know corny advice from an old man, but I think that it is true. You will achieve everything you want...you have too much talent and charisma not to.

mollymaureen said...

Thanks Jim, just when I think you are a bitter old man, you prove me wrong again. I appreciate the assurance that I, in fact, do not suck. And..... would like to see you soon!!!

Godzilla Power said...

I am a bitter old man; a curmudgeon, in fact, but every once in a while, I have a positive thought. I would very much like to see you too.

Godzilla Power said...

What a nice boyfriend you have...he's adorable. I think that you should rent him out to dirty old men and women. That could solve your career problems. Don't thank me for that advise...I give it freely.