Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesdays used to be fun

There was a time in my life..... waaaay wayyy back in my life, before I decided to be a professional role-model for a living, that Tuesday was Boozeday. It involved bowling, and friends, and well....Booze. And it was lovely.

My current Tuesday consists of dragging myself out of bed, trying desperately to pour myself a cup of coffee with my eyes closed, and dissecting the million reasons why my students protest to learning so vehemently. Then driving to school in absolute silence, because A) the radio stations that I like don't come in very well on the way to work, B) morning DJs regularly annoy the crap out of me and C) I have to mentally prepare for the over-audio-stimulation that I have pounded into my head for the rest of the day.

Today makes for a particularly mundane Tuesday since we have an after school staff meeting, then a meeting of a really cool writing club which might actually be fun, then I am meeting with a potential photography client..... all of which means I won't get home until after 8 and Im exhausted just thinking about it.

Wish me luck.

No comments: