Sunday, January 06, 2008

I love my hometown....

There are a bazillion reasons why I love DeRuyter...

for example the other day, in the parking lot across the street from my house, I watched an old friend get his car firmly stuck in a foot of snow. My mother and I sat with our warm cups of coffee and laughed at him for a good ten minutes while he spun his tires, pushed, shoved and otherwise made a fool of himself. But then, we went out with shovels, (as did two other neighbors that had also been watching and laughing from the comfort of their homes first), and cleared the parking lot, dug out his car, pushed him out, and let him park in the driveway while he got his pizza.

..and also, my mechanic will squeeze me in for just about any tiny little problem I might be having with my car, even if it means he has to stay late, and wont charge me if the loud banging noise I'm hearing is just snow caught in the tires and all he has to do is clean it out. It takes me weeks in Spencerport just to get an appointment for the oil to be changed....

I'm glad that I am able and READY to be heading home.

No comments: