Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Just keep swimming....

I feel like I am in quicksand, slipping down into a bottomless abyss. I do not want to continue to complain to my friends. One of them is 8 months pregnant for christ sakes, I feel like she has far more to complain about than I do. So I keep whining online like a looney-toon. My life is not that bad. I'm loved. I am generally happy. I have a wonderful and supportive family and network of friends. I have a dog that loves to cuddle and will dutifully lick tears off my face. I own a home, a horse, and a car. I have students who I adore, a career I love and ambition to be successful even on the brink of my looming unemployment. I have very few responsibilities, a wide open schedule for spring break, and the sun is shining. So why do I feel like such a freaking failure?

No comments: