Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some random thoughts...

There has been a title change to the blog.... right now it's a fill in the blank. I wear so many titles right now that it's hard to just pick one. Am I teacher? Friend? Mentor? Encourager? Cheerleader? Coach? Lifeguard? Inspiration? Hero? Brat? Loser? Failure?

I commented on this newspaper's blog recently and then a flurry of activity followed. Mostly negative. It's so disheartening to see how the public views educators and education. Read it, comment, spread the word.

Then, I joined this site. Its a really cool place for teachers to talk about their goals for education in New York. It focuses a lot on the city, but it has some really valid points and some great conversation. Its called Educators 4 Excellence. I truly hope that people can begin to see that teachers are really professionals, and there are some supremely great people that do this job.

I'm busy this week. Keeping my head above water, not taking my frustrations out on my family, and looking for job postings. Keep your fingers crossed, and keep the faith.

No comments: