Monday, March 19, 2007

Another day

Between 8:30 and 9:00 in the morning, when the sun shines through my kitchen window and the snow outside sparkles like diamonds...that's my favroite time of day. I hung a tiny crystal prism there a few weeks ago, that I bought for too much money while on our tour of the seneca lake wineries (because maybe I had too many glasses of wine)....and starting at 8:30 rainbows cascade across all the walls in my house. They flutter up the stairs and rest for moments on the bright yellow walls of my newly painted kitchen. Penny chases them across the carpet, and I enjoy my coffee as they float gently across the table. Its really one of the simplest pleasures and yet I can't imagine starting my day any other way...

except today it is cloudy. Go figure.

No comments: